The Texas Association of Mid-size Schools
Annual Legislative Conference
December 14-15, 2012
- Representative Trent Ashby
- Representative Jimmie Don Aycock
- Representative Cecil Bell
- Senator Wendy Davis
- Representative Donna Howard
- Representative Ken King
- Representative Chris Paddie
- Representative Diane Patrick
- SBOE Member Thomas Ratliff
- Senator Kel Seliger
- Representative JD Sheffield
- Representative Mark Strama
- Marty De Leon
- David Thompson
- Keith Bryant
- Mary Lookadoo
- Don Rogers
- Ken McCraw
- Linda Villarreal
- Jim Thompson
- Major Education Issues and Challenges in the 83rd Legislative Session:
School Finance (Budget Cuts, Medicaid), STAAR, TRS, Charter Schools, & ESCs
- The Education Community: Making a Difference in Elections & the Legislature
- Interim Committee Updates: Senate Education Committee on ESCs & Joint Interim Public School Finance Committee
- State Board of Education: Making a Difference
- School Finance Litigation Update
- Working Together to Strengthen ESCs
Marriott Plaza San Antonio Hotel
555 South Alamo
San Antonio, TX
Special conference rate: : $105/night, single or double. Reservations must be made by November 29 to guarantee this rate. Special property parking rate is only $10 per night.
For reservations: The preferred method is online at
If you prefer you can call 1-800-266-9432 and say you are with TAMS.
$100 for first district participant
$90 for all other participants from same district
Note: There is a late fee of $35 per attendee for registrations received after Nov. 29.
All Other School Districts
$135 for first district participant
$125 for all other participants from same district
Registration fee includes Friday's reception and Saturday's breakfast
Your conference guests are welcome to attend the reception.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations received prior to November 29, less a $35 administrative fee.
There will be no refunds after this date, although another administrator from your district may attend in your place. Make checks payable to TAMS and mail to PO Box 27684, Austin, TX 78755-2684.
Payment must be received on or before the conference.
For TAMS districts, membership in TAMS is required to attend. If your district has not yet joined this year, please remit your annual dues payment. TAMS districts may join online by going to http://www.midsizeschools.org/account/login.