The Texas Association of Mid-size Schools
Annual Legislative Conference
December 12-13, 2014
- Rep. Jimmie Don Aycock
- Rep. Donna Howard
- Rep. John Otto
- Rep. Diane Patrick
- Rep. Ben Ratliff
- Senator Kirk Watson
- Rep. Elect Gary VanDeaver
- Harvey Kronberg
- H.D. Chambers
- Dineen Majcher
- David Thompson
- Tim Regal
- Breakdown of the 2014 Election and It's Effect on the 84th Legislative Session
- Looking at the 84th Legislative Session through the Eyes of the House Education Chair
- The Budget Process: from LBB to Appropriations
- From Superintendent to State House
- The Tea Party in Texas: Past, Present, & Future
- HB 5: Implementing the Legislation
- School Finance and the Mid-size Formula
- School Finance Litigation Update
- TEA Teacher/Principal Evaluation Pilot Programs
- Current ESC Issues, Challenges, and Future Concerns
Get to know TAMS new consultant, Ellen Williams, hired to protect, enhance, and expand the mid-size formula. She wants to hear from you!
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel
9800 Hyatt Resort Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78251
Special conference rate: : $106/night, single or double. Reservations must be made by November 20 to guarantee this rate. An additional $10 per night includes parking, Wi-Fi and all resort privileges.
or call 1-888-421-1442 and say you are with TAMS.
Note: When completing the online form, fill in your school district's name after Company.
$100 for first district participant
$90 for all other participants from same district
All Other School Districts:
$135 for first district participant
$125 for all other participants from same district
Note: There is a late fee of $35 per attendee for registrations received after Nov. 20.
Registration fee includes the lunch and reception on Friday and breakfast Saturday morning.
Conference guests are welcome to attend the reception.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations received prior to November 20, less a $35 administrative fee.
There will be no refunds after this date, although another administrator from your district may attend in your place. Make checks payable to TAMS and mail to PO Box 27684, Austin, TX, 78755-2684.
Payment must be received on or before the conference.
For TAMS districts, membership in TAMS is required to attend. If your district has not yet joined this year, please remit your annual dues payment. TAMS districts may join online by going to http://www.midsizeschools.org/account/login.