The Texas Association of Mid-size Schools
Annual Legislative Conference
December 7-8, 2017
- Evan Smith, Editor-in-Chief, CEO, and co-founder of The Texas Tribune
- Sen. Kel Seliger
- Chairman Dan Huberty
- Rep. Ernest Bailes
- Rep. Lance Gooden
- Rep. Ken King
- Rep. Lynn Stucky
- Rep. Gary VanDeaver
- TAMS Lobbyist Ellen Williams
- Former Rep. Marsha Farney and Founder of TX Public School Proud | LINK
- Rev. Charles Foster Johnson, Founder and Executive Director of Pastors for Texas Children | LINK
- Republican Scott Milder, CEO of Friends of Texas Public Schools and Candidate for Lt. Governor | LINK
- Meaningful School Finance Reform
- Expanding the Mid-Size Formula
- Mandating State Pay 50% Share of Public Education
- Commission on School Finance
- Charter Schools: Dramatic Increase in State Dollars
- TX Public School Proud: Shifting Emphasis from Testing
- Electing Legislators Who Pledge to Support Meaningful School Finance Reform
- Local Control
- TRS Benefits
- Tea Party Effect on Elections and Legislation
Hyatt Lost Pines
575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road
Lost Pines, TX 78612
Special conference rate: : $139/night, single or double.
Reservations must be made by November 16th, 2017 to guarantee this rate.
An additional $15 per night includes parking, Wi-Fi and all resort privileges.
or call 1-888-421-1442 and say you are with TAMS.
$100 for first district participant
$90 for all other participants from same district
All Other School Districts:
$200 per district participant with $100 rebate for joining TAMS
Note: There is a late fee of $35 per attendee for registrations received after Nov. 16th.
Registration fee includes Wednesday evening reception, lunch and reception on Thursday and breakfast Friday morning.
Conference guests are welcome to attend the reception.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations received prior to November 16th, less a $50 administrative fee.
There will be no refunds after this date, although another administrator from your district may attend in your place. Make checks payable to TAMS and mail to PO Box 27684, Austin, TX, 78755-2684.
Payment must be received on or before the conference.
For TAMS districts, membership in TAMS is required to attend. If your district has not yet joined this year, please remit your annual dues payment. TAMS districts may join online by going to http://www.midsizeschools.org/account/login.